Modular PLCs allow users to mix and select the best combination of CPUs, communication devices, specialist control modules and discreet I/O on a back-plane.
Basic and advanced PLC CPUs, specialist motion and process controllers and even PCs can be combined into a single SystemQ solution with up to four different CPUs. This gives users a choice of control philosophies, programming concepts and programming languages – all from a single platform.
An automation platform for the future
Flexibility and scalability are key design features that enable System Q to truly be a single Automation Platform. Users can apply simple control to an individual machine or integrated plant wide management all from the same hardware base.
What can you expect from Mitsubishi Modular PLCs?
- Global use - A wide range power supply means your Modular System Q will work all over the world and with the huge range of shipping approvals, CE compliance, as well as manufacturing to Automotive industry quality levels, SystemQ is a product to trust.
- Totally scalable - System Q is designed to grow with your application, from the Q00J standalone solution to the networked and redundant process CPU Q25PRH. System Q's platform concept allows you to add and customize the special functions you need.
- Multi CPU - The SystemQ Automation Platform allows you to use multiple CPU’s on a single backplane. You can combine up to four CPU types, such as PLC, Motion, PC, Q-C and Process CPU’s, as a single seamless solution.
- Multi network connectivity - From basic AS-Interface to Ethernet based networks, System Q can communicate easily with Mitsubishi or third party products. To increase the productivity in your plant, System Q can also provide a direct connection to any database based on SQL via an Ethernet connection.
- Flexibility - The wide range of power supplies, CPU’s, I/O Modules, Special Modules and Communication Modules makes System Q one of the most flexible modular automation systems in the world.
- Dual redundancy - The redundant Process CPUs Q12/25PRH can, with standard PLC technology, provide a hot standby system with the automatic synchronization of data. The modular concept also allows different degrees of redundancy from power supply and control systems to redundant network modules.